The Friends are community volunteers who support Williamstown’s David and Joyce Milne Public Library and collaborate with the elected Board of Trustees to promote the objectives and interests of the library.
We encourage support for the library by:
- raising public awareness of and advocating for library resources and needs
- promoting a public commitment to literacy and library engagement
- supplementing town, state, and trustee funding of materials, programs, equipment, and staff development
We raise funds through our annual membership campaign, a spring used book sale, silent auction, and café, along with our year-round used book outlet within the library, the Book Nook. Our revenue helps fund:
- Collections (paper and electronic books, audio, video, and music )
- Subscriptions to online services
- Programs for various age groups and community members
- Staff attendance at workshops and conferences
- Computers and technology resources
- Furniture, shelving, and equipment
We appreciate the ongoing support of our generous library community!