From September through March, you may donate clean, gently used books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, games, and puzzles. Bring boxed or bagged items to the Milne Public Library during library hours. For larger donations, email Friends@MilneLibraryFriends.org or call Melissa (see below).
- Rare or unusual books for the Silent Auction
- Reasonably current fiction and non-fiction books, CDs, and DVDs
- Classic literature in good condition
- Art, cooking, gardening, and children’s books
What we do not want (and costs us time and money):
- Books in bad condition (dirty, moldy, written in or underlined, yellowed, or dog-eared)
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, class notes, outdated academic and reference books
- Magazines, brochures
A good rule of thumb is to donate items you or your friends might buy.
Need a receipt? Pick up a form in the sorting room at the back of the library from the manila envelope marked “RECEIPTS” on the bulletin board. Fill out and take it home for your own records. It does not need to be signed by a library staff member.
Questions? call Melissa (413-652-2064) or Marisa (413-458-3622). Thank you for sharing your re-usable books with us!