From September to April, you may donate clean, gently used books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, games, records, and puzzles to the Friends. Bring items in boxes or bags to the Milne Public Library during library hours. For assistance with larger donations, email Friends@MilneLibraryFriends.org or call Melissa (see below).
If you would like a receipt for your donation, fill out a donation receipt request form and leave it with your clearly defined bagged or boxed donation. The Friends will mail or email you a receipt.
Considering a Book Donation? Crucial to our success is that our inventory be salable. Please keep in mind these guidelines when considering a donation:
What we need (and what raises money):
- Reasonably current fiction and non-fiction books, CDs, and DVDs
- Classic literature in good condition
- Art, cooking, gardening, and children’s books
- Rare or unusual books for the Silent Auction
What we do not want (and costs us time and money):
- Books in bad condition (dirty, written in or underlined, yellowed, dog-eared, or moldy)
- Textbooks, class notes, outdated academic and reference books (including encyclopedias)
- Magazines, brochures
- Travel guides more than 5 years old
- Readers’ Digest Condensed Books; travel guides more than 5 years old
A good rule of thumb is to donate items you or your friends or neighbors might buy.
Questions? please call Melissa (413-652-2064), Ginny (413-458-4639), or Susan (413-458-2276). Thank you for sharing your re-usable books with us!