The Friends are community volunteers who support Williamstown’s David and Joyce Milne Public Library and collaborate with the elected Board of Trustees to promote the objectives and interests of the library.
We encourage support for the library by:
- raising public awareness of and advocating for library resources and needs
- promoting a public commitment to literacy and library engagement
- supplementing town, state, and trustee funding of materials, programs, equipment, and staff development
We raise funds through our annual membership campaign and by selling donated used books at our all-volunteer non-profit brick-and-mortar store, Chapter Two Books, at 37 Spring St in Williamstown. We also occasionally sell books out of our book collection center at the Milne Public Library.
The Friends gratefully accepts one-time memorial donations to honor the memory of loved ones.
Our revenue helps fund:
- Collections (paper and electronic books, audio, video, and music )
- Subscriptions to online services
- Programs for various age groups and community members
- Staff continuing education through workshops and conferences
- Computers and technology resources
- Furniture, shelving, equipment, and renovations
We appreciate the ongoing support of our generous community!