The Friends is a group of community volunteers that supports Williamstown’s David and Joyce Milne Public Library and collaborates with the library’s elected Board of Trustees to promote the objectives and interests of the library.
The Friends encourages support for the library by:
- raising public awareness of and advocating for library resources and needs; and
- supplementing town, state, and trustee funding of materials, programs, equipment, and staff development.
We raise funds through our annual membership campaign, a spring used book sale, silent auction, and café, along with our year-round used book store, the Book Nook. Our revenue helps fund:
- Additions to book, audio, movie, and music collections
- Programming of interest to various age groups and community members
- Staff attendance at workshops and conferences
- Computers and technology purchases and upgrades
- Furniture, shelving, and equipment purchase and replacement
We appreciate the ongoing support of our generous library community!
Learn more: Our Board | Meetings | History | Annual Reporting | By-Laws